Terms & Conditions
We treat our customers fairly and with integrity, doing our best to address the concerns often involved in arranging for accommodations in a faraway place. We regard the opportunity to work with you as a privilege, and genuinely wish to offer you the most positive accommodations experience possible. We would like for you to relax in and enjoy your accommodations while taking an interest in helping care for and treating the property with respect.
- Reservations: To reserve La Corte del Gusto, please contact us about availability. When we receive your inquiry we’ll get back to you promptly, usually within one business day. When you are ready to reserve and we have agreed upon your dates, let us know by email and we will email to you a link to our online reservation processing system. Your tentative reservation will be held for 48 hours pending receipt of your completed reservation form and payment.
- Rates: Until your reservation is confirmed with a payment, rates are subject to change without notice. We accept payment by cash, VISA or MasterCard in Euros.
- Initial Payment and Reservation Agreement: In order to secure your reservation, we require a 30% deposit and agreement to La Corte del Gusto terms. Upon receipt of payment and we will send you a confirmation showing the amount paid and balance pending together with useful Italy travel information.
- Final Payment: The remainder of the rent is due 45 days before your arrival and damage deposit is due at arrival, as for the rental payment condition of the apartment you have chosen.
- What’s included: The rental prices include the final cleaning, kitchen, bedroom & bathroom linens. Additional housekeeping service can be arranged with an extra charges. The property specific terms and confirmation will note what is included and the fee for extra housekeeping, if possible, and linen service, if available.
- Arrival and Departure: For our properties arrivals are on Saturday and in rare occasion can occur on any day of the week. The check-in time is by appointment in the late afternoon or early evening, usually between 4 and 8 pm. Please note this when making your travel arrangements. We know what it’s like to arrive in Italy after an all-night flight, so we try to be as accommodating as possible. In our properties we might be able arrange for you drop your luggage if you arrive mid-day. However, we do need time for our cleaners to thoroughly clean the apartment after the departure of other guests. If you are arriving before 4 pm and want to be able to check-in upon arrival, we recommend you reserve the previous night so that you can check into the property as early as 9 am and get settled. Check-in’s between 8 pm and 10 pm are by exception, if a greeter is available. No check-ins after 10 pm. Please make note of this cut-off time when making travel arrangements. Please note that check-in is by appointment. Upon receipt of your travel details we will make an appointment with your greeter to meet at the accommodation, provide you the keys and explain how everything works. If traveling by car your greeter will wait for your call when you are one hour away. At that time s/he will confirm what time to meet you at La Corte del Gusto. If you don’t call s/he will not be there to meet you. Check out is by is 10am.
- Security Deposit: Properties require a cash security deposit on arrival. Security deposits will be refunded less charges such as damages, utilities, cleaning, excess cleaning, lost keys and lock replacements due to lost keys, phone calls or lost loaner mobile phone. Minor issues such as a broken glass are not considered damages; broken items such as furniture and fixtures, permanent stains and lost items are. Lost keys mean replacement of locks and are very expensive. Damage charges are not limited to the amount of the security deposit. We will send you a full accounting of any charges.
- Cancellation: We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds • Greater than 45 days, deposit will be refunded, less a €50 administrative fee. • Within 45 days: Rent is non-refundable. Cancellations and changes must be made in writing by email or fax.
- Changes: The charge for reservation modifications starts at €30. Changes in reservation dates within 45 days of arrival fall under the Cancellation terms. The rental contract is between the signer and La Corte del Gusto; it cannot be assigned to a third party.
- Cleaning: The accommodation will be thoroughly clean when you arrive and we request it be left tidy when you depart. The final cleaning is included in the rent. If you would like additional cleaning during your stay this may be available at an extra charge.
- Passports: Guests are responsible for obtaining and carrying a valid passport and any other documents required by Italian government regulations. Non-US and non-EU residents may require special travel documents to travel to Italy. Check with your local Italian embassy or consulate. By Italian law you must provide a copy of the photo page of the passports, or national identity card, of all guests at check-in if requested by the property manager. If you do not bring your own copies, then please present the manager with €25 cash to take your passports/documents away to be photocopied and returned before your departure.
- Number of Guests: The number of guests must not exceed the number of people indicated on your rental contract. If the number of people in your travel party changes, please let us know so that we can adjust the rent accordingly if the rent varies based on the number of people. The rent is calculated based on the total number of people in your party, it is not prorated if there are fewer people for some of the nights. In most cases the rates are based on occupancy including children of any age except babies under the age of 24 months. Parties, celebrations and hosted events are not permitted in the property without prior permission of the property manager.
- No Pets, No Smoking: No pets are allowed. If the property manager, upon check-out, detects the smell of your smoke in the apartment, or terrace if there is one, you will be charged for an extraordinary deep cleaning which starts at €150 Euros.
- Valuables left at the property are at the guests’ risk. The property management is not responsible for any losses.
- Read Your Documentation: La Corte del Gusto carefully makes your reservation and prepares your documentation, it is your responsibility to carefully read and review documents immediately after receiving them. If there is an error or change required and you fail to notice or contact us in time to fix it, your reservation could be lost and your payments forfeited. If you reserved the wrong dates and need to make a change, change or cancellation fees apply.
- Emergencies do occur and sometimes your greeter may be able to help you with contacting and working with authorities, airlines for lost luggage or for medical help. You are welcome to ask them for assistance and they will let you know if they can help you; not all have the knowledge, time or personality for this. They are hourly workers, so if they do take time to help you, you may compensate them at the rate of €20/hour or you authorize us to charge your credit card (plus 10% service fee) for those services when they present us with their invoice that we will send to you so you can look to your travel insurance to cover the cost.
- Problems: Should you encounter any problems with your apartment, please contact your greeter as soon as possible to arrive at a resolution. Don’t suffer in silence; no one will know if something is not working if you don’t say something. If you make claims for issues that you did not report during your stay, they will be disregarded.
- Safety and Limitation of Liability: We believe the property is safe for occupancy. Guests must exercise reasonable caution. If you have any problems, you must first reach the local contact provided in your confirmation to request resolution. In no event shall we be liable for consequential damages. We are neither responsible nor liable for climate, strikes, noise, smells, neighbors, public works, construction or variations in availability and quality of utilities including internet.
- Limitation of Liability: We take all due care and attention in making your reservation arrangements, but since we do not manage the cities, towns or country, we do not accept responsibility for the breakdown of the water, gas and electricity supplies, internet service providers, mechanical systems, telephone service, quality of roads, sounds, smells or the failure of swimming pools. Although we will assist the owner/manager to make every effort to rectify and solve any problems as soon as possible, we have no legal responsibility to compensate you for any personal injury, death, loss or damage of whatever nature suffered by you or by any member of your party. All liability lies with property owner. If problems are not raised with your onsite contact to provide an opportunity for resolution, they will not be regarded.
- Force Majeure and Significant Changes: La Corte del Gusto is not liable and do not authorize any refunds for any events which are caused as a result of acts of God, acts of Nature, Governments, war hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, labor dispute, strikes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, theft, epidemics, quarantine, medical or customs regulations, technical or administrative problems with transport, closure of airports, breakdown of machinery, adverse weather conditions, water and utility shortages or any other occurrences beyond our immediate control and which, despite all due care being taken, could not have been avoided. We recommend travel insurance.
- Cancellation by La Corte del Gusto: If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to provide you with the property(ies) you have booked, we will advise you as soon as possible and will offer to transfer you to a similar property(ies) with your approval. If the cost is less than your original booking then you will receive a refund for the difference. If you choose a more expensive property, then you will pay the difference. If this is not possible because we have nothing to offer or you do not wish to be transferred, we will cancel the reservation and refund the full amount you paid to La Corte del Gusto. If you are unable to accept the terms of the rental contract, or dispute the terms, we have the right to cancel your reservation. We shall not be liable for any cancellation charges for any related travel arrangements, services, tours, etc.
- Website Information: We take the utmost care to provide accurate details of services in the information provided to you. However, proprietors do sometimes make changes and all references to the condition of the property or services must not be taken as statements of fact, but as statements of opinion. We take responsibility for the general accuracy of the descriptions as to location, size, rooms and major appliances.
- Credit Card Authorization: Customer authorizes the charge of rent and damage/utilities to our credit card. You are paying in advance of the actual rental services so are authorizing the delayed presentment, that is, the services are not being delivered at the time of payment.
- Validation: To protect against fraud your passport/identity document will be verified on arrival to ensure it matches your reservation information. Any reservation that we feel in our sole discretion to have been obtained under false pretense will be subject to immediate cancellation with forfeiture of funds advanced (whether rent or deposit), and the party will not be permitted to check-in. Of, if occupancy has already begun, it will be immediately terminated.
- Privacy : According to the Law 196/2003 (Code on personal data) the RentApartmentinItaly informs that its premises are dealt with personal data relating to the conductor and which consist of: name, address, telephone numbers etc. .. These data will be stored at the offices in paper archives and computerized and will be used exclusively and solely for the purpose of execution of the lease.
- Jurisdiction: Any disputes will be settled exclusively by the Court of Rome.
Thank you for your business.
La Corte del Gusto.